VIDEO: How to Identify various A-Series engines
In this video we identify the various A-Series engines found in the Austin Healey Sprite and MG Midgets through 1974.
Below is listing of the various Engine ID Prefixes and other associated information.
Factory Engine ID Prefixes:
- 9C - Austin Healey Sprite Mk I (Bugeye/Frogeye), 1958-1961, 948CC - MOWOG/"Engine" Green
- 9CG - Austin Healey Sprite Mk II/MG Midget Mk I, 1961-1962, 948CC - MOWOG/"Engine" Green
- 10CG - Austin Healey Sprite Mk II/MG Midget Mk I, 1962-1964, 1098CC - MOWOG/"Engine" Green (1.75" Crankshaft main journal size)
- 10CC - Austin Healey Sprite Mk III/MG Midget Mk II, 1964-1966, 1098CC - MOWOG/"Engine" Green (2.00" Crankshaft main journal size)
- 12CC - Austin Healey Sprite Mk IV/MG Midget Mk III, 1967, 1275CC - MOWOG/"Engine" Green/possibly also the Light Green hammer finish (all "Thin Flange" blocks)
- 12CD/12CE (home market)/12CJ - Austin Healey Sprite Mk IV/MG Midget Mk III, 1968-1971, 1275CC - Light Green hammer finish - All emission controlled/evaporative loss engines (except 12CE)
- 12V - MG Midget Mk III, 1971-1974, 1275CC - Black
Sprite and Midget Light Green Metallic Engine Paint:
Sprite and Midget MOWOG Green Engine Paint:
f you've got a Classic Mini Cooper, here's a very comprehensive list of engine ID's from Mini Mania: https://www.minimania.com/article/1520...
Connect with Spridget Mania:
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/minimania_com G
oogle +: http://plus.google.com/10969063562806...
Email: email@example.com Or give us a call today toll free at (800) 946-2642